Sunday, October 28, 2012

Planning a mini quilt for Puss n Boots

I have let my craft projects hibernate a bit lately, but after returning from Laos and finding myself up to my eyeballs in work again, it is time to get back into some crafty relaxation.

Yet another friend is about to have a new baby girl so I started knitting another pair of booties (these ones are a light purple colour). I know I always go back to this bootie pattern, but it is fairly straight-forward and can be knitted in front of the tv, and the resulting booties always seem to be really appreciated when I give them to friends. I love seeing the babies wearing my homemade booties too!

I also wanted to start making a quilt for Puss n Boots. Partially because I love them and want to make them a special quilt, and partially so once they have their own quilt I can wash and brush and remove all the cat hair from my first quilt and I can enjoy using it myself :-)

For inspiration for the quilt for Puss n Boots I went craft-blog surfing and found a gorgeous-looking quilt on this page of "Nerospostandpatch". I love the colours and the simple design. I then looked through my jelly roll quilt books to try to find something similar. I have decided to make a quilt based on the pattern called "Pandora's box" in my book "Jelly Roll Quilts" by Pam & Nicky Lintott. The fabric I'm using is a very colourful mini jelly roll (20 strips of 2.5inch wide and 42inch long, rather than the standard 40 strip jelly roll) that I was given by J's sister & brother-in-law for my last birthday, so it will make a cheerful half-sized quilt perfect for the muppets (aka Puss n Boots).


Photo of Puss n Boots "helping" unravel the jelly roll on my birthday (above) and testing the fabric out today (below).




1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm happy to meet you and your sweet cats! They are going to have wonderful quilt! Your fabrics are beautiful and it's great there are different size prints, stripes, flowers! Thank you so much for linking to my blog and baby quilt! Sunny wishes from Greece! x Teje

    ReplyDelete