Sunday, June 19, 2011

Knitted mobile phone cover

I just upgraded to a 'smart' phone, and while I'm finding it is awesome compared to any other phone I've ever owned, I am also paranoid that I am going to scratch or crack the touch screen in no time at all. Apparently the model of phone I bought is too new to have a specific cover available to buy so I decided to knit one instead. And a knitted one will be a lot nicer than a boring shop-bought one anyway. I searched on Ravelry and found a cute free pattern for a knitted smart phone cover on this blog site.

The phone cover is a mix of moss stitch and 1x1 rib stitch, and didn't actually take very long to knit. I'm happy with how it looks, but I will find out how effective and functional it is in the next week or so I'm sure. It may need a drawstring or something to keep the phone from slipping out in my bag.

I've also made some progress with my crochet blanket (getting a bit quicker at it!) and now have 3 squares completed.

1 comment:

  1. Very sound strategy. Aren't they just wonderful (smart phones...)?

    ReplyDelete