Saturday, April 23, 2011

Magic Yarn Vest

Back in 2009 my friend Kira sent me a 'magic yarn ball' for my birthday. The wool was hand-dyed by Kira and looks lovely - and she had wound it into a ball with lots of little knitting tools embedded in it, so as I knit and un-wind the ball little presents are revealled. It was such a cool present. However back in 2009 I had only just started to learn to knit and hadn't progressed past the basic scarf design, so I didnt get very far with it and the half-made scarf sat in my craft drawer for ages.



Earlier this month I unravelled the scarf and decided to use the magic yarn to make a cute little baby vest. The pattern is available free from Pickles website. I modified the pattern slightly (by mistake, but then I liked the effect my mistake had and decided to go with it rather than unpicking it). My modification made the little ridge of different stitches around the middle of the vest. I found the little flower buttons at Spotlight. I'm very happy with how this vest turned out, and I still have a little of the magic yarn left over! :-) Thanks so much for the great present Kira - sorry it took me sooo long to actually use it to make something!


No comments:

Post a Comment