Monday, March 26, 2012

Fangorn forest scarf & another baby beanie

I have finished knitting a new scarf for myself using 2 skeins of thick chunky wool 'Moda vera Fiammone' on 8mm needles in garter stitch. I've decided to call it my Fangorn forest scarf (See below for photo of the scarf).


Recently I also made a baby beanie using the first of the lovely yarn from Hannah: hand-painted 100% merino wool in a light blue colour (Koigu Kersti Merino Crepe) using the pattern 'baby beanie hat' from 'Simple knits for cherished babies' by Erika Knight and 4mm and 4.5mm needles. I am thinking of making some matching booties to go with the beanie as I still have more than half a skein of this wool left over.


Photos above are of the finished baby beanie, also Boots caught in the act of trying to steal my knitting needles while the beanie was in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment