Sunday, June 22, 2014

Picking up the needles again



I really have neglected my crafty activities this year, including updating this blog. I have decided to pick up my knitting needles again - it's a therapeutic and productive way to combat stress, and it brings me such joy to make something handmade and special  to give to my friends, or to wear myself. Above is a little pair of booties I made using some of the Manos Del Uruguay yarn I bought earlier this year. The colour is called "abalone", and it is a merino/silk blend, very soft and beautiful to work with. I made these booties for my best friend's sister, who recently had her second child.

I have also been (very slowly) working on a garter stitch infinity scarf for myself, also using Manos Del Uruguay merino/silk' yarn, this time in a colour called "olivewood" (see below). Last year I made myself a similar scarf using "wildflowers" yarn, and it has become one of my most favourite accessories...I wear it everywhere. So I thought I might make a few more in different shades :-)


I have also been working on (and finished) two other knitting projects, but as both of them are presents and I haven't given them to the friend I made them for yet, I'd better not post any photos here yet! I hope to put pictures up soon though :-)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, your reasons for loving knitting are mine too.
    And as for ordering Alphabet Journal, click on the AJ link in the last paragraph on my blog and it will take you to the site where you can order. Or you could google it. Enjoy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I somehow missed the link when I first read your post...I have just ordered it online now. I really love following your blog - you live such an inspiring life and the things you create are lovely :-)

      Delete