Monday, March 14, 2011

Long weekend

It's the Adelaide Cup long weekend here, and I have managed to fit in a fair amount of craft and hobbies in between other things. I spent some time in the garden weeding and planting some snow pea and sweet pea seedlings, and also planted two grafted passionfruit vines (one is a Panama gold and the other is the regular passionfruit with dark skins). I've heard passionfruits grow quite well in Sth Australia, so I'm really looking forward to having a glut of passionfruit next summer.

I finally finished knitting the garter stitch wrap top that I started knitting ages ago, and now all that remains to be done is to stitch up the seams and attach the organza ribbon that ties at the back. Hopefully I'll find the time to do that in the next week.



I also realised that 4 friends of mine are all due to have babies between now and July (and one of them is expecting twins!) and ideally I would love to make something homemade for each of the babies when they are born. Not sure if I'll actually have enough time to knit that many things in such a short time but we will see! I started on the first baby present this afternoon - some little booties in a nice light purple wool (Cleckheaton Country 8ply - 100% pure wool). I'm just using the 'beginner booties' pattern that I have used previously, using 4mm needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment